xsl-list

[xsl] [ANN] Course, CSS for XML People - Rockville MD, USA, in August 2019 [hands-on class / training]

2019-06-25 11:43:20
19th, 20th, 21st August 2019; Rockvillle MD, USA

CSS For XML People
https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/course-css-for-xml-people.html

Do you work with complex documents, long documents, or with lots of
consistent smaller documents, in XML? These might be aircraft manuals,
encyclopedias and other major reference works, research papers or trade
fiction novels, mediated publishing... This CSS course is for you.

Topics include
* Introduction to typographcal atyle and graphic design
* Working with CSS in the Browser
* CSS Selectors
* Grid and Flexbox
* Accessibility (including presentation order)
* effects - box shadows, border images, CSS shapes etc
* SVG and CSS
* CSS transforms, animations, transitions
* Web Fonts
* Paged media and making pages
* Generating CSS with XSLT and XQuery
* CSS fallback and polyfills
* Learning more: what's implemented and how to find out more
* Advanced: Custom properties
* Meet the Tools: formatters for print
* Choosing between CSS and XSL-FO

Note: At Markup UK, i used some of my notes for this course to give a
CSS for Print session at rather short notice; i don't think it was
recorded, but several people asked about the full course. Here it is!

Note 2: If the location or date is inconvenient, please do contact me,
as I plan to offer the course again in the future.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Web slave for vintage clipart http://www.fromoldbooks.org/