xsl-list

[xsl] xsl:mode and priorities question

2020-02-03 08:52:21
Hello,

XSL 3.0, imports and modes.

main.xsl declares a mode, and imports imported.xsl, that declares the same mode and defines a template in that mode :

main.xsl:
<xsl:mode name="foo" on-no-match="shallow-copy"/>
<xsl:import href="imported.xsl"/>

imported.xsl
<xsl:mode name="foo" on-no-match="shallow-copy"/>
<xsl:template match="bar" mode="foo" />

If I process bar.xml, which is just <bar/>, in foo mode, what should I expect :

A shallow-copy, defined by foo mode in main.xsl, or an empty-sequence by template match in imported.xsl ?

Does xsl:import precedence applies to modes matching also, or only to template matching ?

Best,
Christophe