xsl-list

[xsl] [ANN] Three different XSLT courses via live video

2020-03-17 13:02:32
Hello!

Rather than three solid days as with the in-person course, I'm offering
live video classes. I'll post planned times/days but if there are times
or days that work better for you, contact me directly.

The courses can be customized for specific projects or needs.

There are three types of session:
    . Overview
    . Practical - you get to run the examples youyrself and change
      them, at your own speed, while the instructor is available to
      help you out;
    . Course session, done by video (or audio plus slides), again led
      by a live instructor, not a recording.

(1) Overview of XSLT, with an emphasis on XSLT 3
    Suitable for managers as well as programmers,
    and lasting approximately 3 hours;
    Includes the Rhetoric of XSLT.

    This can be taken on its own, or it's included
    as part of the main XSLT course.

(2) XSLT 3 For the Win: It's a whole new thing!
    The main course consists of course sessions and practical
    sessions between them.

    Mew Functions and instructions
    Working With Functions (includes higher order functions)
    Streaming
    New ways to structure applications
    3 days

(3) Analysis-based XSLT
    A half-day course on a way to transform documents from
    one DTD to another similar one (e.g. two versions of
    JATS or BITS) using large numbers of sample documents
    and a data-driven approach.
    Includes a copy of the Eddie 2 tool and a tutorial on using it.

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org