xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon 10.0 (today's other news..)

2020-03-21 18:50:42
That's great to know. We saw an improvement in some of our performance tests,
and inconsistent results in others (faster on one machine, slower on another)
and didn't quite get to the bottom of the anomalies. So more feedback from the
field will be useful.

The biggest performance-affecting change is probably the handling of namespace
nodes both in the TinyTree and in the push pipeline; the main effect should be
to make copying of subtrees involving many namespaces rather faster.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 21 Mar 2020, at 23:18, Martin Holmes
gtxxgm-xsl-list-2(_at_)m(_dot_)gmane-mx(_dot_)org

We've tested version 10 HE on a number of projects, and we're noticing
somewhere between 10% and 40% improvement in speed (probably mostly due to
the availability of @new-each-time, but also in other areas too).

So far we've seen no anomalous behaviour or regressions.

This is a fantastic piece of work. Thanks indeed.

Cheers,
Martin

On 2020-03-16 12:22 p.m., Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com