xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Tool that measures the performance of an XSLT program ata fine granularity?

2020-07-26 16:30:10
On Sun, 2020-07-26 at 21:00 +0000, Dr. Roger L Costello
costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org wrote:
Thanks Michael. If there is no way to get the performance of the
basic pieces of an XSLT program, then how does one determine what is
causing an XSLT program to run slow? For example, I have a function f
that calls functions A, B, and C. The SAXON profile tool says that
the total execution time for A, B, and C is 1 ms. The profile tool
says that total time for f is 6 minutes. Without fine-grain
profiling, I see no way to determine what is causing f to take so
long to execute. Suggestions?

You need to look at what f calls in turn.

If possible, try simplifying the expression in question, even if it
gives wrong answers - e.g. remove the call to pow() or the
multiplication. If $length is large, random-sequence() may be slow,
too.

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org