xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Random UUID in pure XSLT?

2020-11-10 10:56:06
Java randomUUID() function works nicely when it's available, but I
need to distribute the capability for SaxonHE and eventually SaxonJS.

If you’re willing to do a little more work, you can write extension
functions that you can call from SaxonHE. There are a few in
https://github.com/docbook/xslTNG/ for example.

In SaxonJS, you could call out to JavaScript.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw(_at_)nwalsh(_dot_)com>
https://nwalsh.com/

There exist some evils so terrible and some misfortunes so horrible
that we dare not think of them, whilst their very aspect makes us
shudder; but if they happen to fall on us, we find ourselves stronger
than we imagined; we grapple with our ill luck, and behave better than
we expected we should.--La Bruyère