xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xpath versions comparison

2021-01-02 01:44:54
On Sat, 2021-01-02 at 06:01 +0000, Mukul Gandhi
mukulg(_at_)softwarebytes(_dot_)org wrote:
Hi all,
    As we all know, currently we've following versions of XPath
language:
1.0, 2.0 & 3.1.

I've been trying to think that, what are the major differences
between the
above mentioned XPath versions. Below are my thoughts,

1)  XPath 2.0 has introduced sequences,

right, and the nodes are now typed.

Now we can see, XPath 4.0 spec being developed by W3C,

4.0 is not being developed "by the W3C"  but in a community group wih a
mailing list and wiki hosted by W3C. There is no longer a W3C XSLT
Working Group.

There are many more differences between the versions; each spec has a
Changes section, and Mike Kay's XSLT 2 book highlights some less
obvious changes.

But you have found many of the main changes i think.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org