xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Seeking a smarter tokenize for augmented text

2021-05-07 03:25:24
Hi,

From Gerrit I would have expected something like

<xsl:for-each-group select="node()" group-starting-with="text()[matches(.,
'^&#xA;')]">
</xsl:for-each-group>

but it is possibly too much hassle to handle corner cases.

Because I assume it is very likely that inline elements may run across line
breaks, it is time for Gerrit’s "Upward Projection", see
https://archive.xmlprague.cz/2019/files/xmlprague-2019-proceedings.pdf#page=347

- Michael MH

Am 06.05.2021 um 11:14 schrieb Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex
gerrit(_dot_)imsieke(_at_)le-tex(_dot_)de
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>:

Hi Trevor,

If the markup in the lines doesn't stretch across line breaks, you can insert
empty elements for each line break using xsl:analyze-string in a first pass.

In the second pass, you then group the nodes below textlines, starting or
ending with such an empty linebreak element that you introduced in the first
pass.

Gerrit

On 06.05.2021 11:09, Trevor Nicholls trevor(_at_)castingthevoid(_dot_)com