xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Configuration file for Saxon

2021-10-22 09:11:05
If the Framemaker application encapsulates Saxon so thoroughly that you don't
have any access to any Saxon APIs, then that's a bit of a challenge.

I can think of a possible hack looking at the Saxon 10 code, but no guarantee
it will work with any other version:

new Configuration() calls Configuration.init() which calls
Version.platform.initialize(this)

Version.platform is public static, and is initialized to platform = new
net.sf.saxon.java.JavaPlatform();

So you could try loading Saxon before FrameMaker gets a chance to, and
statically initialize Version.platform to a subclass of
net.sf.saxon.java.Platform that overrides initialize(config) with code that
sets properties on the configuration.

It really is a horrible hack, but I can't think of anything better.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 22 Oct 2021, at 14:48, rick(_at_)rickquatro(_dot_)com

I am using Saxon EE through another application (Adobe FrameMaker). I want to
set expandAttributeDefaults="false" for all of my transforms in FrameMaker.
Since I am not specifying calls to Saxon directly, I don’t have the ability
to specify a configuration file. Is there a way to have a configuration file
read by default when Saxon is called? Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-729-6746
rick(_at_)frameexpert(_dot_)com <mailto:rick(_at_)frameexpert(_dot_)com>
http://www.frameexpert.com/store <http://www.frameexpert.com/store>

email <>)