xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to cope with the complexity of an XSLT program with thousands of template rules?

2022-06-02 10:01:07
2. I make extensive use of ENTITIES. I have come to love ENTITIES!
They are super helpful -- way less errors -- to define a value in one
place and then use the value (via an ENTITY reference) in many places.

Entities are awfully brittle. You’ll never be able to do any sort of
transformation of the stylesheets using, for example, XSLT, because that
process will obliterate all of your entities.

Why would you want to process your stylesheets with a stylesheet?
Well, to generate documentation, for example:

  https://xsltng.docbook.org/guide/t_docbook.html

I have occasionally processed my XSLT with XSLT to change the
stylesheets, though I concede, not often.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw(_at_)nwalsh(_dot_)com>
https://nwalsh.com/

Men are not sufficiently perfect to exercise justice in the name of
virtue: the rule of life should be indulgence and kindness of
heart.--Anatole France