Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail and BTYahoo Broadband (BTOpenworld / BTInternet)

2004-10-21 00:54:04
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:32:17 +0100, Paul G. Richardson
<phantompgr(_at_)btopenworld(_dot_)com> wrote:
Greetings,

I have just subscribed to this mailing list so please be indulgent if you have
heard this info before ... I just cannot find anything pertaining to this on
the net (probably because it only applies to BTInternet).
<---SNIP--->
(A log file of the skipped attempts is included below for reference. The 5
seen messages include 2 messages that were sent from my mail client to myself
and had not been read by anything except facilities on BTYahoo.)

Try enabling UIDL support.

Basically POP3 isn't designed for multiple client access - it's purely
for the receipt of email by a single person on a single system.
Fetchmail (as mentioned in the man page) uses the server's knowledge
of what has been read by default.  With UIDL support it tracks
messages itself, so that multiple users of a POP3 box will work.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor