[fetchmail]Re: timeouts and stuff

2004-10-22 05:20:33
I hate replying to my own messages, but that's the way it goes sometimes. :)

I googled around some more after posting, and saw a message from a person who was having a similar problem. This person carefully checked his sendmail configuration and permissions and had success. I checked mine.

It seems I did have one or two seemingly minor problems with permissions in my /var/spool/mail directory. In addition, I had an aggressive debug flag in the sendmail arguments in /etc/init.d/sendmail. (I found this page to be helpful: http://www.sendmail.org/secure-install.html.) I fixed the permissions and set the debug flag to a less aggressive value, and I haven't had any "not flushed" messages from fetchmail. One other possibly confounding issue to consider was I also upgraded to the latest spamassassin (3.0) from the last stable release (2.64?).

I did not discovered the actual problem, but the "fix" seems to be working. I guess that's all I can ask.

Thanks for listening.

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.