Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-10-11 10:04:44

more to the point, careful thinking is necessary.  we don't understand
what we need yet.

But the problem we face is that Bruce refuses to consider any proposal
unless there us an official document describing it

It's too early to consider fully-formed proposals anyway.  If you want to
write up an internet-draft to circulate ideas, feel free.

Enough people have indicated that they understand MFT sufficiently well to
be able to say that it looks like a workable solution.

MFT doesn't solve the duplicates problem, and it makes some other problems
worse.  The fundamental problem is one of poor user interfaces.  You can't
fix this by defining more protocol elements.

IMHO the thing to do is to try to build better interfaces and encourage
people to try them out.  Internet-Drafts are not the best medium for this.

Keith