Re: Angle brackets surrounding Content-ID

2004-10-13 01:29:26

Bruce Lilly <ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org> writes:

Evidently you fail to grasp fundamental logic, the nature of the
problem with RFC 2822, and the nature of software development.

If we are going to be patronising : you have failed to grasp the
nature of e-mail communication in the real world.

In the real world we are lucky if mail tools even attempt
to conform to the spirit of an RFC let alone the letter.

On the other hand the consequences if using the wrong sort of compare
for these fields seem to be rather unimportant.

One must choose one or the other.
One *cannot* "simply follow RFC 2822", because RFC 2822 fails to
specify which type of comparison is to be used for an id-right
which is not a domain name,

Doing case sensitive compare "seems to work well enough" even when it is a
domain name.