Re: New Internet Draft: draft-duerst-archived-at-00.txt

2004-10-28 03:24:03

Martin Duerst writes:
At 21:54 04/10/27, Keith Moore wrote:
>I think this is needlessly complex.

I agree. It's also not how URIs and the Web work.

I certainly agree that it's... flexible. I suggested a 100% flexibility solution. If the desired-for benefit can be defined, it should be easy to find something that gives 80% of that benefit for 20% of the complexity.

Btw, doesn't the web work pretty much like this? <link href="blah.css" type="text/css">?

>Just provide the archives in 822 format.

This is one possible solution, but not the only one.

It would be interesting to hear what benefits w3c.org mailing list used obtain from the Archived-At field.

Arnt