Re: Attempts at establishing harmful conventions

2004-12-01 09:44:05

On Tue November 30 2004 21:33, Laird Breyer wrote:

So it seems to me inevitable that some tagging field (Tagged:,
Processed:, or whatever) must be devised. Perhaps the existing Comment:
field can be used for that purpose? I don't know.

The field name is "Comments", not "Comment" (error in RFC 724
examples notwithstanding), and it's in the same boat as Subject;
both fields are unstructured and designated for the message
author's use for "only human-readable content".