Re: Attempts at establishing harmful conventions

2004-12-02 17:00:30

At 8:27 PM +0200 12/2/04, Kai Henningsen wrote:
 > For that matter, how many permit a user to select multiple
 messages to compose a response citing all of the selected
 messages (including appropriate setting of In-Reply-To and
 References fields)?

Hopefully few, as there *is no* appropriate setting for those fields in that situation.

We actually hashed out a way that seemed right enough on this list a year or so ago.

In any case, the result is confusing and frustrating for the human readers of those messages.

Perhaps those who are dependent on UA's that make certain assumptions about the construction of such headers.

It's simply a bad idea.

I heartily disagree.  Saves time when composing and reading.
--
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?