Re: [ietf-822] don't need a permission to re-sign header

2014-04-22 19:17:57
>> I've said for years that lists should sign
>> their mail with their own DKIM keys, and recipients should look at
>> those list signatures to filter the mail.
>
> I'm not even sure that's necessary, but of course it can't hurt. Indeed, right
> now, with the exception of IETF lists, having a signature makes the odds it's
> spam more, not less, likely.

I think that depends on your mail stream.  Google signs all their mail
including gmail and hosted domains, and that's a big chunk of the mail I
get.  Yahoo signs all theirs, too.

The overwhelming majority of list spam I get is from Google. All with
nice quthentic DKIM signatures.

                                Ned