Re: [ietf-822] one can re-sign without a permission to re-sign header

2014-04-30 22:30:25
If there are others who have a handle on what I'm thinking about and
want to work on this, I'm happy to spin up a WG to work this out.
There's no way I'm going to be able to hold the pen on this, but I think
I hear sufficient motivation to get this done.

I don't think it's worth a WG, seems more like a single draft
for appsarea.  If you want I can whip one up.

Although I think it could work, it suffers from only addressing a
part, perhaps not even the major part, of the DMARC breakage.  There's
plenty of mail sources that use a From: address with the address
holder's permission, but without the message ever going anywhere near
the domain's nominal home.  The two examples I generally offer are the
WSJ's mail an article and mail account consolidation like Gmail's.
Both are useful and are designed to be hard to abuse.

R's,
John