Re: [ietf-dkim] Are verifiers expected to query SSP on a successfulverify?

2006-08-02 10:32:45

Phill,

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> That does not allow for algorithm agility which I believe is either
> an explicit security area requirement now or soon will be after the
> SHA-1 issue is addressed.

Don't we already have alg. agility between signers and verifiers,
via the h= and k= fields of the key record?

If so, then is what you're suggesting only of use when the signer
is different from the rfc2822.From domain?

If so, do we expect that domains like that, that don't sign for
themselves, will find it useful to be specifying the acceptable
algorithms for their signed mail?

If so, hmmm....

Or maybe I missed stuff there.

S.