Re: [ietf-dkim] More on naked CR canonicalization

2006-08-03 12:27:07
I'd still like to hear from Eric about this though.

Sorry, I'm trying to dig through the (> 500) DKIM messages that remained for me when I returned from vacation.

I'm cool with clarifying the wording in 5.3.  My current draft reads

       Should the message be submitted to the signer with any local
       encoding that will be modified before transmission, such
       conversion to canonical RFC2822 form MUST be done before
       signing. In particular, bare CR or LF characters (used by
       some systems as a local line separator convention) MUST be
       converted to the SMTP-standard CRLF sequence before the
       message is signed.

eric