Re: [ietf-dkim] New Requirements: SSP must offer Highest Protection Possible

2006-08-04 15:58:21

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, william(at)elan.net wrote:

That makes no sense at all to me and is a straight
consequence of the addition of a signature having a
negative effect.

I was on the linux conference recently in the security-area where
presenter said SELinux extensions would always make security of the
system greater. In couple minutes an example was found where they make security of overall system weaker when the policy gets applied to
file having to do with another security mechanism. The point is that
new security mechanisms do always bring greater security for all the
cases they can be used with - in fact I'd not be surprised if there
is a theorem that said it is impossible.

In the last sentense it should have been that "new security mechanisms
DO NOT always bring greater security"...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks