Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP Responsibility Delegation - Security Concerns

2006-08-16 17:56:56
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:36:29 -0700 Jim Fenton <fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:
The one I described:  the inability for a verifier to distinguish an
author signature generated by the delegate from a third-party signature
generated by the delegate operating in a different context.

I think this is a good point for an informative note in the spec.  This is
both an operational point for providers and a item for domain owners to
check on before they delegate SSP signing authority.  If one is aware of it
up front, I think it's an easy problem to avoid.

Scott K