Re: [ietf-dkim] Change to Section 6

2007-01-20 11:40:26
At 9:48 AM -0800 1/20/07, Douglas Otis wrote:
On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 03:07 +0000, John Levine wrote:
 >>6. Verifier Actions
 >>
 >>  Since a signer MAY remove or revoke a public key at any time, it is
 >>  recommended that verification occur in a timely manner. In many
 >>  configurations, the most timely place is during acceptance by the
 >>  border MTA or shortly thereafter. [In particular, deferring
 >>  verification until the message is accessed by the end user is
 >>  discouraged.]
 >>
 >>This precaution should be removed!!
 >
 >I disagree with Doug and agree with the wording in the current document.

 I'm with Paul, I do not want to reopen the arguments about how long a
 verification key should or shouldn't be around.

Why strengthen a bad statement that attempts to declare DKIM is to be
done only at the MTA?

Doug, please stop this. That is not what the addition to the text above says.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Domain Assurance Council