Re: [ietf-dkim] RFC4871bis

2009-01-27 20:36:53
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Steve Atkins
<steve(_at_)wordtothewise(_dot_)com> wrote:
Exactly. And that's something that's already demonstrated to scale
and be useful. Merging that functionality into (a large subset of) email
is almost inevitable, I think.

Social networking is all very good. But you dont get the goal of a
stable authenticator there.

A kid's opinions may not - heck, will not - keep pace with his
regularly updating his trust levels. And then there are the lion /
toplinked.com type people in linkedin who go around building networks
just for my network is bigger than yours, and a consequently diluted
trust model if you layer in reputation rather than simply a pgp style
web of trust.

That way lies madness, and is certainly way out of scope for the dkim
spec but hell, as we are already this far afield ...

--srs