Re: [ietf-dkim] draft Errata on RFC 4871

2009-01-29 16:49:49

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Al Iverson
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:46 PM
To: DKIM IETF WG
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] draft Errata on RFC 4871

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Dave CROCKER <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:

1. I can easily believe that the Errata text needs to be even more
clear
about this string.  Submissions to improve it are eagerly sought...

I hear you. I wish I understood better, so I could contribute more
usefully.

So the UAID is essentially a sender-created identifier used for
whatever purpose a sender wishes.

Actually, at the risk of sparking even greater flurries of electrons, it
is not sender created, it is signer created. Signer does not necessarily
have to equal sender for DKIM base. This is one of the reasons I tend to
fall into the "d=" camp.

Mike