Re: [ietf-dkim] draft Errata on RFC 4871

2009-01-30 09:04:37
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Charles Lindsey
<chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:46:25 -0000, Al Iverson
<aiverson(_at_)spamresource(_dot_)com>
wrote:

So the UAID is essentially a sender-created identifier used for
whatever purpose a sender wishes.

Not quite. I expect conventions to arise for its use in particular
situations. For example, it might become common (even mandatory) to use it

Let's put it this way - that'd be "a purpose the sender wishes" and
not entirely inconsistent with what you say.

But it's place wouldnt be in the RFC - it'd be in a use case document
such as I suggested some few dozen emails back ...

--srs