Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Japan has been set up

2010-11-22 12:39:45

On 11/21/2010 6:43 PM, Tsuneki Ohnishi wrote:
But there is a small problem. It is rather polical.
We have a telecommunication law that allows ISPs to discard
forged email, but our Ministry so far does not acknowledge
that failure of DKIM verification immediately equals to
forgery, because there could be other reasons to fail.

There are technical and operational reasons that can cause legitimate mail that
was originally signed with a legitimate DKIM signature, to fail to verify.

The fact that a signer signs all their mail does not mean that all their mail
will arrive with a valid signature.

Simply publishing an ADSP record does not change this fact.  ADSP can perhaps
be
used productively for specific signers and verifiers, but it does not work for
all legitimate scenarios.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker