Re: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-27 04:34:45
On 2005-07-26 19:58:13 -0700, domainkeys-feedbackbase02(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com
wrote:

If so, that's not something I could support as I don't want
senders deciding that I have to initiate xkms fetches to achieve
a base level of authenticated email. An optional augmentation
beyond authentication sounds fine, but as a base level, no.

I may also decide that you have to implement OpenPGP/MIME and do PGP
key server fetches and trust computations in order to achieve a
basic level e-mail authentication for the messages I send -- just by
not using DKIM, but actually using OpenPGP/MIME.

Look at this message, for instance.

The question here is really about what the semantics of unverifiable
signatures are.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <tlr(_at_)w3(_dot_)org>