Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-02.txt

2005-11-28 15:38:18

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 05:43:44PM +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Barry Leiba wrote:

directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language
Working Group of the IETF.

   Title        : Sieve Extension: Relational Tests
   Author(s)    : W. Segmuller, B. Leiba
   Filename    : draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-02.txt
   Pages        : 14
   Date        : 2005-11-21

Alexey, this is ready for IETF last call now.

My recollection is that you've addressed both editorial and
non-editorial issues raised during WGLC. I don't think another WGLC is
needed.
Any other opinions?

There is still this, which I either commented on at one point or meant
to: that the introduction states a few things that Sieve is not.  While
it might be fine to recap some of the attributes of Sieve in an
introduction, listing some of the things that are not present in Sieve
potentially sets the document up to contradict other Sieve documents
should those things eventually appear.  E.g., the phrase "it has no
variables" will (hopefully) be false at some point, and there has been
talk of loops as well.  I still think it's best to leave those sorts of
things unsaid here.

Yours,
-mm-