Re: Wild card MXes

2004-05-26 14:45:51

On May 25, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Greg Connor wrote:

Right, the assumption here is that the "closest SOA" would be a logical place to stick a "catchall" record, if you want one record to cover all hosts in your domain or subdomain.

I don't think this would work with the example I gave because the "closest SOA" would not be bigisp.com, though an iterative process might eventually get there.

In this case a query for "www.bigisp.com TXT" would give no answer (NOERROR result, meaning the empty set is the correct answer)

Yup.  You are right.  And this observation shoots my example down.

-andy