Microsoft (lack of) replies (Was: DEPLOY: Microsoft Royalty Free Sender ID Patent License FAQ

2004-08-25 03:09:42

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:34:48AM -0700,
 Harry Katz <hkatz(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 30 lines which said:

Mark, if there's a specific part of the license you'd like
clarified, I'd encourage you to send mail to
stdsreq(_at_)microsoft(_dot_)com(_dot_)
Someone from our legal department will answer your question.

This is not what I see. I have sent several questions to
stdsreq(_at_)microsoft(_dot_)com(_dot_) I believe they were polite (anyone in
MARID can
check, I copied the mailing list) and that the english was not too
catastrophic.

I did not get a reply, neither did MARID.

Now, in most cases, no reply after 24 h is not a problem. People have
more important things to do than to reply to my mail. But, here, we
have a decision to make in the next ten days.

So, what is the reason:

1) Lack of understanding that there is a relative emergency?

2) [Suggested by Arnt Gulbrandsen] Things take a long time at big
companies. But isn't Microsoft advertise itself as an "agile company"?

3) Deliberate despise?

4) The reponse will come, just wait a few more days.