Re: DEPLOY - IPR on Sender-ID not sufficiently disclosed

2004-08-25 03:12:59

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:05:02PM -0400,
 Andrew Newton <andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> wrote
 a message of 12 lines which said:

The licence terms have been disclosed, but
insufficient (almost no) information has been given on what the
claimed IPR covers.

Please reread:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03495.html

I reread it for the third time and I still do not find:

* where to get the patents we talk about (*). What do they contain,
exactly?

* what parts of -core are covered (assuming that all of -pra is
covered)?

I asked the same questions to stdsreq(_at_)microsoft(_dot_)com without any
result
so far.

Patents are available online, for instance
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,775,781.WKU.&OS=PN/6,775,781&RS=PN/6,775,781
is a patent by Microsoft which covers programs like sudo on Unix.