Re: Armour

1997-11-15 14:42:13
At 2:37 PM +0000 11/15/97, Ian Brown wrote:

I'm not arguing that we should totally do away with armour - just that I
don't think it should be a MUST, so that people who want to use OpenPGP
in their program or standard minimally, with no need for backwards
compatibility, can do it with as little problem as possible.

This is probably closest to my own point of view, Ian.  The ability to
generate and accept ascii armor must be preserved for backwards
compatibility.  However, successfully encoding and decoding a message
should not mandate translation through ascii armor.

john  w noerenberg, ii
jwn2(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com
pager: jwn2(_at_)pager(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com
  "The great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps
   with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Self Reliance", 1841