Re: OpenPGP Sub Keys

2003-06-17 13:03:49

Hello Werner,

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:38:08 +0200, you wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:29:06 +0200, Imad R Faiad said:

You are assuming that law enforcers are inept morons!

It is a matter of the law and the loopholes it has.  IIRC, the British
RIP act does not allow to seize a computer but allow a police officer
to demand the decryption key for a message they have intercepted of
somehow else got access to.  There is even no need to pass them the
entire PGP key over including the passphrase, there must be simply a
mechanism to decrypt a message they "own".  This is also the reason
GnuPG provides the --{show,override}-session-key options.

Do yourself a favor, and don't ever use this technique
again, it is now public knowledge!

I am pretty sure that Ian - who is FIPR director and co-author of the
PFS draft - knows very well what is doing.

I think you are need of some education, so I am going to take some
time to broaden your perspective...

Haven't you ever heard of the following:-

We are all sprung from the same stock, partakers of the same
nature, and sharers in the same hope;  and although distinctions
among men are necessary to preserve subordination, yet ought
no eminence of situation make us forget that we are all
in the same boat, for he who is placed on the lowest spoke of
fortune's wheel is equally entitled to our regards, as time
will come, and wisest of us knows not how soon, when all
distinctions, save those of goodness and virtue, shall cease,
and death, the grand leveler of all human greatness, reduce
us to the same state.

I do sincerely hope that you will be inspired by the above
and apply it forthwith ;)

Best regards

Imad R. Faiad

Salam-Shalom,