Re: [openpgp] Intent to deprecate: Insecure primitives

2015-03-16 16:15:25
My impression was that many new implementations use the RSA-S and RSA-E

The opposite is true. RSA-S and RSA-E are from old implementations. These days there are more robust ways to specify what a key is for.

I generally prefer domain separation, but I don't think there's a relevant
security difference *so long as* implementations do not generate a single
RSA key such that its key usage intersects only one of {certify, sign,
authenticate} or {encrypt communications, encrypt bulk}.

For sure, but this seperation is done in metadata, not in the algorithm identifier.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted