Re: [openpgp] Intent to deprecate: Insecure primitives

2015-03-20 11:13:34
Bill Frantz <frantz(_at_)pwpconsult(_dot_)com> writes:

But frankly I'd like my encryption software to just maintain the ability
to decrypt it later.

Well, the problem isn't the software. It is the user.

Bzzt.  I'm sorry, but when my software removes decryption algorithm
support it is most definitely NOT a user problem.  Requiring support for
multiple versions in parallel is also not a user problem.  But this has
moved way far off-topic for this list.

Cheers - Bill

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com