[openpgp] likely timeline for WG (re)formation

2020-10-30 08:15:10

Hiya,

Just in case people feel nothing is happening wrt this,
that's not the case: normal bureaucracy is happening:-)

Having checked with DKG and Ben, the rough timeline
I'd expect to see is:

 - charter [1] is in internal review (formally by IAB
   and IESG but also this list),'till Nov 5th, then IESG
   will most likely start 2-week external review, (when
   the charter is sent to ietf-announce and some other
   SDOs);
 - soonest IESG could approve WG creation then is likely
   Dec 3rd, because the IETF-109 meeting is in between;
 - all of the above is just normal processing for a WG
   coming out of hibernation;
 - given that timeline is not long (compared to the age
   of 4880 say:-), I'd encourage people to hold fire 'till
   that's done and we should be able to get going as an
   "official" WG in the not-too-distant (starting in on
   it all in detail now risks having to re-do stuff in
   a month or so, so probably isn't worthwhile I'd say)

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-openpgp/