Re: [ietf-smtp] Idea: Two-Way Mail

2015-03-06 05:25:26
Hello Kai,

in the case where a web-mailbox is hacked and used to send spam to all contacts in that mailbox, those contacts using two-way mail would get spam, as the mechanism, proposed by you, negates the effect of conventional anti-spam systems.

In this particular case, not-using two-way mail will lead to less received spam.

Mailboxes get hacked, as users use one and the same password to register everywhere in internet and often they leave their email address to all those registrations. So the providers of such platforms (e.g. a forum) have email address and password, which probably match.

Greetings
  Dilian