Re: You are Turning Away Outside Members Who Attempt To Register

2000-08-01 13:20:34
I just cut and pasted some of the recent message on this subject below and
emailed it to two computer industry columnists that I know in an attempt to
initiate a more widespread public discussion on this subject.

If any of you know any columnists or media people who might be interested in
this subject (pro or con), would you be kind enough to forward it on to them.

This is something that needs a public debate... one that involves a faw wider
range of people.

Thanks

Curtis Sahakian
847/676-2774

------------------

-Bob,

How are you doing.  Here is some Grist for your column.

It is an exchange of emails between me and Esther Dyson regarding what her
goals should or should not be regarding her leadership at ICANN.  I have also
added some emails sent by people cc'ed in on the emails. The most important
email in my opinion is the last one.

Please take a look at it and consider doing an article on the subject.
Particularly my proposal for a new ICANN direction.  If I am out of line, I
would appreciate it if you would set me straight.  If I'm the one who isn't
getting it please rap me on the head.

I'm going to copy this to John Dvorak and see if he has any observations on
this subject.  It might even be that you and John Dvorak might even be able to
convince her to alter course.  I'm sort of hoping you might.

In the interest of fairness, I'm also going to copy this to Pam Brewster at
Alexander Ogilvy Public Relations who might have a quite a different spin to
put on this from Esther's perspective... or who on the other hand might help
convince Esther that I may be on to something.

Give me a call when you have a chance

Thanks

Curtis Sahakian
847/676-2774

(Bob remember the white paper on Business Applications of Propaganda, it
included a section on how human beings are hard wired to centralize control
when losing control over systems which they don't have the skill to control...
causing things to spiral further out of control.  Why don't you analyze this
situation to see if that may be happening here).

July 28, 2000 10:47 AM

Subject: You are Turning Away Outside Members Who Attempt To Register
Date: Friday, July 28, 2000 10:47 AM

Esther,

My understanding is that ICANN, closes registeration for voter
membership in ICANN after JULY 31.

I have tried twice to register,  Your server says:  "We are
sorry. The database is currently overloaded.
Please try again when the system is less busy."

ICANN is denying me the right to vote.  What possible excuse can
it have?

This is not right.  It reminds me of voter registration problems
blacks used to have in the South until the U.S. goverment sent
troops and federal marshals there.

You should either get the ICANN staff behaving properly or
accept personal responsibility for their actions and resign.  As
best I can tell from quotes in the press, you seem to be doing
neither.

Why is that?

Curtis Sahakian
847/676-2774