Re: IPv6 Traffic class field or DS field ??

2000-08-24 07:40:02
Nikki Cranley wrote:

I have been reading the RFC's relating to IPv6 for some insight
to the replacement for the ipv4 TOS field.

It would not be surprising if there were no replacement; TOS
turns out to be problematic.  It's the usual problem with
unauthenticated priority fields: the network element processing a
packet has no particular reason to believe the sender's
assessment of the  packet's priority.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|