Re: IETF 54 calendar

2002-05-29 06:34:51
At 11:03 AM 5/29/02 +0200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I think it's pretty clear. That doesn't mean it doesn't
cause confusion, because it certainly does. There is a strong
case for an informational document and presentation to try to
get rid of the confusion, but that doesn't need a meeting or a WG.

I really think that it depends on your definition of "pretty
clear."  Aside from situations in which some competing technologies
are encumbered and some are not, we're now finding ourselves in
situations where all of the proposed technologies are encumbered
but have different licensing terms.  I think that a new informational
document would benefit a great deal from real-time discussion, etc.,
if for no other reason to see which questions are raised.  A Friday
meeting seems to me to be a rather small one-time cost for getting
more clarity around the issue.

Melinda