Re: IPR at IETF 54

2002-05-29 16:25:59
At 06:34 PM 5/29/2002 -0400, Scott Brim wrote:
arguments won't do it.  There are only two ways to change IETF culture:
(1) have people of influence issue a document of some sort and promote
it for 3 years, or (2) have a plenary meeting and come up with a good
sound bite to summarize a solution (like "we reject kings, presidents

the sound bite came from a person of influence issuing it. yes, it happened to be at a plenary, but it was a thoroughly "produced" occurrence.