Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-30 01:45:28
Yes, Valdis, we (or ORSC) clearly observe that we can create a conflict free composite DNS root by using coordination tools to assure that conflicts are resolved for the benefit of the users of the whole internet.

We are waiting very patiently for ICANN and IETF to figure this out.

So, we are waiting;-)...\Stef

At 12:18 PM -0400 7/29/02, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 02:11:57 PDT, Einar Stefferud
<Stef(_at_)thor(_dot_)nma(_dot_)com>  said:

 > ORSC was highly successful in this effort, until ICANN chose to
 > collide with one of our ORSC pre-existing TLDs, and the refusal of
 > ICANN (and others such as IETF, IAB and ISOC) to recognize this

So what you're saying is that if there's no coordination, there's a problem.

Unfortunately, if you assume the existance of such coordination, what you
have is *one root with multiple registrars*.  We already know THAT model
more-or-less works in the ICANN root.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer