Stepping down as IETF chair in March

2004-11-05 02:47:13
Thomas' note reminded me that there are probably some people who haven't heard this yet....

I'm stepping down as IETF chair in March, and I am not a candidate for reappointment.

It's been a great four years, containing lots of learning experience, lots of hard work and lots of joy - but after four years as IETF chair, and ten years total on the IESG/IAB, March seems an appropriate time for me to leave this stage of my life behind.

The IETF is a great organization. I will enjoy watching it continue to grow and prosper under new leadership.

Thank you!

                 Harald