Re: Another document series?

2004-11-30 12:24:18
Mike,

As the other co-author to
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-newtrk-cruft-00.txt,

[...]Its unclear that either the work in progress or the cited drafts will ever be published as RFCs. Its also unclear that this (restructuring etc) will be resolved within the 6 month lifetime of any given ID. Its also unclear that we can afford to either have these expire, or continually resubmit them. And finally, we NEED to have this set of documents as permanent archivable documents to maintain the historical record.

I think the current cruft draft is best suited only as an I-D. We are right now conducting a cruft experiment. It is quite possible -- in fact darn near certain -- that we will need to update that draft based on the experiences of the old-standards mailing list, making the current draft, well, cruft. Depending on the results of the experiment I think the WG could produce either an update to RFC 2026/3667/???? or an informational RFC.

Why is this not sufficient?  What is it you want to capture?

Eliot