Re: draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02: section 6 - budget process

2004-12-13 01:21:46
--On 12. desember 2004 20:58 -0500 Scott Bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu>
wrote:

open from last version

     this document assumes a budget cycle of ISOC which does not
match reality - I would suggest that this document needs to key of off
the ISOC budget cycle and say that the various IAOC & IAD milestones
must be at least X days before the ISOC budget approval time

Scott

I think that's what the current document's dates tries to say, using ISOC input as to when their budget approval times are. We may have misunderstood ISOC's input here.

This points out to me that the section may need more flexibility - as experience grows with the budget process, the IAOC may want to change it - and I think they should - using the BCP text as a guideline, not a straitjacket.

                   Harald