Re: #720 and #725 - Appeals and IAD autonomy

2004-12-23 20:35:29

On 23 dec 2004, at 20.07, John Leslie wrote:

I'm not so much worried about IESG actually _appealing_ the
decision on where to get bagels as I am about language which seems
to encourage anyone who doesn't like the bagels to _ask_ the IESG
to appeal it.

I don't understand why it is that the IESG would make the appeals (I know this was the suggestion). I think that appeals should continue to work as they do now. First you appeal to the one who made the decision you don't like, then you escalate it. So if I want to appeal the IAD's decision, i go to the IAD. If I am not satisfied with the answer i go to the IAOC and then up the food chain (staying with the bagel motif) from there.

a.