Re: IETF63 network shutdown at noon today

2005-08-05 21:00:08
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, David Hopwood wrote:
Sounds like a security problem to me; not something that can be fixed just by
asking people not to do that.

Well, personally, I'd have hoped that the network admins would have blacklisted the MAC addresses of those users. When their 'net stops working, they would hopefully wander to the helpdesk and be enlightened.

The more troubling issue is one of implementation though. I suspect the hosts which start acting like a router, to advertise the 6to4 or site-local prefixes (or do other kinds of things) might be a bit.. broken.