Alternative formats for IDs

2005-12-31 23:38:43
Happy new year to everyone.

I would like to call your attention to a new ID
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-alt-formats-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-alt-formats-00.txt>  .

This ID is the result of discussions here on the general list,
and proposes the use of formats other than plain ASCII
for IDs and RFCs. In particular, it proposes the allowance
of diagrams other than "ASCII-art" as normative.

The authors felt that further discussion on the list would not be
productive,
but that the writing of an ID might force more serious consideration.
We furthermore suggest that this ID be advanced as a BCP
under the process for process change.

Y(J)S